There are so many things said about SEO that you can get overwhelmed when you go looking for information. Some things work for some people, and some things seem to work for others. It is critical that you can cut through all the frivolous information and focus on the right things, so this article contains some solid, effective SEO tips for you.
1. Don’t get too fancy. Don’t use a ton of Flash in your site. Don’t have Java script menus that drop down. Avoid XML site map. Heeding this advice will save you a lot of time and aggravation. Stick to the basics until you see your search engine ranking improve. Then you can start adding bells and whistles.
2. Think seriously about whether you are up for the job. SEO can be a lot of work for one person. Not only that, but you likely have other work that needs to be done and other things to take care of. If you can afford it, think about a consultant or a firm that exclusively does SEO work. See what they can do for you, and get proof of claims before hiring anyone.
3. Ask for help. This can be tricky because a lot of people have a hard time asking for help. Ask other site owners for help, for instance. Talk to others about what they are doing for SEO and what has worked for them. Most people will be happy to share information with you, because they have been in your position before and know what it is like to have questions.
4. Start blogging. How can a blog help your SEO? Very simply. A blog shows the search engines that you regularly update your site, which seems to be a good thing for your ranking. Moreover, if your blog becomes popular, people are going to be likely to share your blog on other sites. That will give you some backlinks, which is also a factor in your search engine result ranking.
5. Do not pay for links. It might be tempting to have someone offer to get you hundreds of backlinks so that the search engines will rank you highly, but a lot of the times it doesn’t work. Not only that, but the links are usually on sites that are badly put together and have no relation to your field or industry. That can backfire when search engines are crawling these sites. It is much better for you to get backlinks organically.
6. Wait. The top spot on Google will not be yours tomorrow. But as you do your SEO work little by little, you will soon see your site getting ranked higher and higher. Have faith that you have done the right things, and wait for them to work.
Now that you know more about easily working on your site’s SEO, get started working on it. As you start to see results, you will be even more motivated to keep learning about increasing your luck with SEO.